HOW TO APPLY
Hamiinkop’a xaa ‘eyoochoova?
The Indian Education Enrollment Form is a one-page form available at your child’s school, at the Indian Education Program district office, or online. Completed forms can be submitted to your local school or directly to the Indian Education Program via fax, email, US Postal Service.
Los Angeles Unified School District
Indian Education Program
333 South Beaudry Ave. 25th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
*Form is the most current official form from US Department of Education
Any American Indian/Alaska Native student that is enrolled in the Los Angeles Unified School District and meets the criteria below is eligible to receive services.
Defined by federal law (ESSA, Title VI) Indian is an individual who is:
- A member of an Indian tribe or band, as membership is defined by the tribe or band including:
- Any tribe or band terminated since 1940
- Any tribe or band recognized by the State in which the tribe or band resides
- A descendent, in the first or second degree, of an individual described in subparagraph (A);
- considered by the Secretary of the Interior to be an Indian for any purpose;
- An Eskimo, Aleut, or other Alaskan Native; or
- A member of an organized Indian group that received a grant under the Indian Education Act of 1988 as in effect the day preceding the date of enactment of the Improving America’s Schools Act of 1994.