Do you have a group of friends that would like to start making a difference in your school for Native American students? Thats easy to do all you have to do is start a Native American Student Association.
There are a lot of benefits to starting a club.
- Spend time with friends
- Make your own decisions
- Make a difference in your school and community
- Connect with other students from other clubs
- Have your own events
- Get involved with the community
- May help you get into university
- Have fun
What You Can Do
As a Native American Student Association you have the ability to do whatever your group decides is important for the students you represent. So you need to know what our group needs and wants.Then you have the ability to make it happen. You can do fundraising to pay for whatever events you decide to have. You can also participate in events that our programs hosts in many ways.
How to Get Started
In order to start your club you need a few things. Some you will have to do on your own but there are other parts that we can help you with.
- Have a group of friends that want to start a Native American Student Association
- Find and adult (teacher or principal) who will be your sponsor
- Have a constitution (don't worry we have one for you)
- Have your first meeting
- Start Changing the world
For More Information and Help Getting Started
We can help you get started and will provide you with everything you need and help you get off the ground.
Contact: Timothy Vizthum
Documents You Will Need
- Application - To start this application must be filled out and signed
- Meeting Minutes Template - Every meeting must have a record minutes. This is a template to follow
- Procedures - These are LAUSD required procedures
- Constitution - Constitution template
- Policies and Accounting Procedures - This is the detailed LAUSD Policies and Accounting Procedures. This is important for the Faculty Sponsor to oversee.